Scope of Works
Works associated with the project included:
- 6.12ML surface reservoir (WS0479)
- 112kW water pumping station (WP0415)
- 1.9km DN375 inlet rising main
- 2.6km DN300-DN450 outlet mains
- All other associated infrastructure including a reservoir access road, reservoir chlorination unit, reservoir scour, overflow and stormwater and connection to the Manooka Valley Development.
UEA Trenchless was contracted and has now completed works on the Turner Road Precinct Water Servicing project, including:
- Horizontal Directional Drilling 357 metres of twin lines, inlet & outlet water mains (OD450mm and OD560mm), at a minimum horizontal separation distance of 2 metres apart across Manooka Valley within a Transgrid easement
- Horizontal Directional Drilling of 140 metres single line outlet water main (OD355) across South Creek
- Welding and installation of HDPE pipe.
UEA Trenchless utilised its D100 HDD rig to carry out the twin horizontal directional drills in Manooka Valley. Due to the hilly and undulating terrain UEA Trenchless designed the bore and bore profile to be conducted over multiple shots. The link up and tie-in of the twin OD450mm and OD560mm shots was carried out by the UEA Trenchless crew.
UEA Trenchless also utilised its 6090 HDD rig to carry out the horizontal directional drill underneath South Creek, Gledswood Hills.
As a result of the undulating terrain and variable ground conditions encountered throughout each individual bore, the works presented a number of challenges throughout the project. UEA Trenchless was able to successfully and professionally manage these challenges and deliver the project the high standard required.