Scope of Works
UEA successfully completed the installation of 11,350 metres of polyethylene reticulation pipework by horizontal directional drilling (HDD) as a part of the Glenorie Galston Pressure Sewer Project. The work included:
- Installation by HDD of approximately 6,175 metres of pressure reticulation sewers, ranging in size from OD50 to OD125, to service all properties within the Galston SSA
- Installation by HDD of approximately 5,175 metres of pressure reticulation sewers, ranging in size from OD50 to OD125, to service all properties within the Glenorie SSA
- Extensive service locating and vacuum excavation in advance
- Changing ground conditions – of the 5,175 metres drilled in Glenorie, 3,302 metres were in sandstone, and of the 6,175 metres drilled in Galston, 2,186 metres were in sandstone
- Tight project timeframe required multiple crews to be mobilised on site for the duration of the project
Despite the tight timeframe for completion, UEA was able to install all pipework within the required period. The changing ground conditions were managed effectively by UEA’s fleet of all terrain HDD rigs – once again proving their worth in the Sydney ground conditions.