Pipe ramming is a method for installing steel pipes and casings. Pipe ramming is most suited to shallow installations under railway lines and roads, where other trenchless methods could cause surface settling or heaving. The majority of installations are horizontal, although the method can be used for vertical installations.
Pipe ramming uses pneumatic percussive blows to drive the pipe through the ground and is best suited to soft ground conditions when minimal displacement is required.
UEA Trenchless offers the following pipe ramming services and capabilities:
- Steel pipes and casings up to 1500mm in diameter (depending on machine size)
- Installation distances up to 30m (depending on machine size)
- All utilities catered for
- Multi conduit installations
- Most ground conditions catered for