SCOPE OF WORKS
UEA’s Civil Construction division undertook the installation of the following underground services:
- Sewer – 80 linear metres of DN150 uPVC DWV SWJ pipe and its relevant connections
- Trade waste sewer – 80 linear metres of DN125 HDPE pipe and relevant connections
- Installation of one 4,000 litres HDPE dilution chamber and three silt arrester pre-cast concrete structures
- Potable water – 200 linear metres of DN180 HDPE pipe and its relevant cutovers
- Gas – 300 linear metres of DN125 HDPE pipe and its relevant connections into existing live mains
- Stormwater – 50 linear metres of DN450 RCP up to depths of four metres
- Stormwater – 260 linear metres of DN675 RCP up to depths of five metres
- Stormwater – 15 of square stormwater pre-cast and pout in-situ concrete structures, varying in sizes from 0.9m x 0.9m square to 1.2mx1.2m square, and ranging from depths of 3 metres up to 5 metres
- Communication – 250 linear metres of 100mm conduit. Incorporated with this was the installation of four pre-cast concrete structures (1.0mx1.0m square) and four pre-cast concrete structures (0.5mx0.5m square), all ranging from 0.8 metres to 1.2 metres deep.
- Tight construction timeframe and shutdown/cutover periods
- Excavation in rock and clay up to five metres deep
- Existing underground services
- Multiple work fronts
Despite the tight timeframes required by the client, before students returned for their studies, UEA completed the project to a very high standard with no safety issues recorded during the project.