Scope of Works
- Stage 1: 550 metres of 250PE PN16 temporary bypass, including two under pressure cut-in connections
- Stage 2: 200 metres of 500PE PN20 drilled under railway line
- Stage 3: 50 metres of 500PE PN16 installed via open-cut trench and connections
UEA was given a preliminary design by the client, and in consultation with the client’s designer, UEA helped develop key elements such as the temporary bypass and bore design.
The polyethylene pipe had different pressure ratings to suit the ground and pulling conditions in the project. All other fittings, structures and associated installations were constructed to their given technical drawings, and in particular to both water authority standards and project specific details.
- Client request to accelerate project by two months
- Flow Isolation safety protocols
- Track monitoring of the South Coast Railway Line through surveyors and geotechnical engineers
- Management of ground water
- UPCIC/hot tap connections on different pipe types
- Installing complex fittings and assets
- Weather challenges with heavy storm conditions
- Existing assets had failure points in network