Pipe installation involves a three-step process where launch and reception shafts are strategically located to minimise surface disruption. The GBM is used in conjunction with a theodolite guidance system to provide accurate pipe installation in displaceable soil under 50 blow count.
- Laser guidance accuracy for auger boring, pipe ramming and HDD installations
- Drive lengths up to 120m (depending on ground conditions)
- Diameters of 400mm up to 1080mm
- Ideally suited to displaceable ground conditions
- Soil Blow Count < N=50
This machine has achieved accuracy of plus or minus 10mm on recent microtunneling projects including the installation/lowering of new water mains under the Gold Coast Highway for the new Rapid Transit Light Rail System currently being constructed. If you have a project that requires accuracy without the complexity of a full slurry set up, this is an ideal unit.
UEA’s tunneling division specialises in:
- Slurry Microtunneling TBM
- Pilot Tube Microtunneling GBM
- Auger Boring / Thrust Boring
- Pipe Jacking
- Pipe Ramming
Whichever trenchless construction method you require UEA has the equipment and the expertise to deliver your project, for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org