This Alliance is a combination of State Government and a number of recognised construction companies working as one team to deliver a substantial portfolio (over $ 1billion) of infrastructure work across Sydney’s local rail network. The range of work to be delivered by the Alliance includes the upgrade and re-energising of rail signalling and power systems to accommodate the introduction of the new Waratah trains.
UEA has been contracted to construct the 7W3 33Kv feeder project which runs underground for nearly 4km between two existing sub stations. The scope of works includes:
- 2 x HDD creek crossings of Greystanes Creek which forms part of the Upper Parramatta River Catchment
- Excavate and install 3900m of 4 way 150mm HD electrical conduits and backfill with stabilised sand through busy residential streets in Blacktown and Holroyd Municipal Councils
- Crane install six no. 18 tonne 5m long pre cast joint bays
- Haul and terminate 16km of 33kV XLPE HV electrical cable
- 4.5kms of fibre optical cable install including terminations in both substations
The project is scheduled to start in August and take 6 months to complete.